Shop / Category: Towing / Master Lock Trailer Hitch Lock
Master Lock Trailer Hitch Lock
What does it do?
On RV Snag (rvsnag.com) you'll find we've listed a few of these trailer hitch locks - we don't use them all ourselves as we don't have that many trailers, but we wanted to provide a sampling of highly rated hitch locks to give variety; whats VERY IMPORTANT to understand is that not all hitches and hitch locks are compatible and it can be some trial and error.
In as few words as possible the hitch locks provide one primary objective: protect your trailer from being hauled off by thieves!
It sounds weird to say it, even after years of owning our own trailers, but we see reports in our own camping backyards and home town that people will just drive up to your unattended trailer, hitch up, and drive away! It's scary, and an incredible violation of your personal space, but "people are people" and "stuff happens" so why ignore the potential?
The trailer locks on RV Snag provide added security by slipping into the cavity if your trailers hitch (the part that connects to your towing vehicle) and it "locks" to it -- this prevents others from driving up and taking your camper.
Why do we like this hitch lock?
There are a few reasons we've selected this lock for our product listings:
- The ratings (at the time of writing this) were very high from 1000's of people; we did note those product reviews of where it didn't fit their trailer and have tried to highlight that in this article that it's important to measure and be patient while you find the right hitch lock.
- The bright red color certainly provides you clear indicators that the hitch is installed and hasn't been tampered with (this is great for when you are doing drive-bys on your trailer while it's in storage or a remote lot.
- Like most hitch locks, the material is THICK and the locks are backed by warranty.
- It's Master Lock - a name brand that most of us have grown up trusting.
- Universal coupler lock fits virtually all 1-7/8", 2", and 2-5/16" trailer couplers.
- Resists rust and corrosion.
- Simple installation and removal.
- Advanced locking mechanism resists picking and prying.